We believe church membership is more of a way of life and less about having your name on a slip of paper. That’s where the way of life covenant comes in. Our desire is that every person who calls Crossroads home would be committed to growing personally in Jesus, connecting relationally with other believers in this local body, and engaging in the mission of Jesus here, there, and everywhere. If you are ready to commit to live out this covenant or would like to learn more about this way of life we would invite you to participate in our way of life class. We are ready to resource your growth, connection, and engagement in Christ’s life and mission, and have you make Crossroads your church home!
Way of Life Covenant
2 Corinthians 5:17
I am committed to grow personally. (Galatians 2:20-21)
Growing and developing in the life of Christ by…
- Receiving the grace of Christ through faith for the forgiveness of my sins and personally surrendering to him as Lord and Savior.
- Publicly professing my faith in Christ through believer's baptism.
- Nurturing the life of Christ in me through personal engagement in the Word, prayer, and loving obedience to Christ.
- Understanding and applying biblical doctrines taught by Crossroads and the FEC.
I am committed to connect relationally. (Ephesians 4:14-16)
Living in gospel-centered relationships among this body of Christ by…
- Recognizing my need and responsibility to be devoted to one another in love.
- Personally engaging in a Crossroads community where I can offer and receive the counsel, prayer, and power of the gospel in everyday matters of life. (A connecting community, small group, discipleship group, or ministry team.)
- Inviting and submitting myself to the shepherding ministry of Crossroads' elders in living out these commitments.
I am committed to engage missionally. (Matthew 28:18-20)
Helping people discover & develop life in Christ here, there, and everywhere by…
- Seizing personal opportunities to prayerfully proclaim Christ at home, work, and play.
- Investing time, talents, and treasure in the ministry and mission of Crossroads.
- Prayerfully considering regular opportunities to be sent from the local body of Crossroads in order to establish reproducing churches here, there, and everywhere.